Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Like, Valley Homes

Here are a few homes that intrigued me. They just happen to be located in the Valley.

11244 Briarcliff Lane 


This one has been on the market since the dawn of time according to my estimates. It is located in a small gated community off Laurel Canyon. Yes, Laurel Canyon. Just thinking about getting around makes me grip my imaginary steering wheel and honk in righteous indignation.

Front entry by the pool does not bode well. 

Big tennis court. 

I actually toured this one a while back. I didn't hate it, even with the absurd amount of ornamentation. 

However the kitchen is literally right off the foyer which feels strange at this asking price. 
I think they were asking about 9 million, give me 130 Delfern Drive any day. 

12240 Viewcrest Road. 

I really like how they resisted the urge to add tons of faux-Spanish add ons. The facade is sedate. The little iron balconies are a nice touch. 

Did I mention the 3,695,000 million ask? 

Oy vey. I refuse to say that is impossible, since I laughed at the idea of Candy Spelling selling her monstrous pile of crap The Manor for anything over 50 million. 
Thank you, Petra Ecclastone. 

For your price of admission, you get 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in almost 6,000 sqft on a 19,000 sqft lot. And no pool and a two car garage. Not that I'm cynical. 

All the appliances and such look top notch. Doubt it was ever lived in. 

11400 Sunshine Terrace 

Yes, I am tardy to this party. It belonged to some actress or something, so the blogosphere went nuts. 

For 10 million dollars (yes, 10. Yes, this is still Studio City), the lucky buyer will get 5 bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms rolled into 7,600 sqft and plopped at the top of a very, very gated driveway on a 3 acre lot. That nice infinity pool completes the package. 

I find a few flaws in this home, but I like a few things too. 

I cannot complain about the interior, nor the view. 

I can complain about the fact that you sit only one street away from Ventura Blvd and all the traffic. 

I can also complain about the lack of amenities for a house of this price point. That pool is nice but where is my tennis court, pool house, gym, media room, game room, etc.... 

This facade is unnerving. Someone please explain why. 




All photos credit to respective owners. 





No comments:

Post a Comment